Egg drop soup is one of the most common Chinese soup. It is easy to make and very tasty. Almost everyone in China loves egg drop soup. However, most Chinese restaurants in the United States serve this soup without tomatoes. If you like the restaurant-style egg drop soup, you will definitely fall in love with this recipe and even prefer to make it at home (because it does taste much better!!!!). Ketchup, garlic and sesame oil are the three most important ingredients for this recipe. Yzenith is a Chinese food Recipes Blog, where you can find the best Chinese food Recipes for free.
ketchup: 2 tablespoons
green onion: x1
starch: 1 teaspoon
garlic (garlic powder)
1. Peel tomatoes then diced to small pieces
2. Whisk eggs in a bowl.
3. Cut green onion.
4. Cut garlic or use garlic powder.
5. Mix starch with water (twice the amount of starch) for reserve.
6. Heat oil for 20 seconds then fry diced green onion.
7. Add diced tomatoes and sugar and stir fry.
8. Add ketchup.
9. Add some boiled water.
10. When the soup boils, pour starch with water slowly while stirring the soup.
11. When the soup boils again, pour scrambled eggs.
12. Add garlic or garlic powder.
13. Add some salt.
14. Pour some sesame oil on the top. It’s ready to serve!
1. If you don’t have Ketchup or garlic, it is still OK as long as the tomatoes are fresh.
2. Sesame oil is not required, but very necessary if you want the most delicious taste.