Moo Goo Gai Pan is a traditional Chinese food introduced by Cantonese. Moo Goo is a Cantonese pronunciation for mushroom (pinyin: mo gu). This Moo Goo Gai Pan recipe is very simple. Starch will make sauce a little bit thick, and the seasoning process will make chicken soft and tasty. I do recommend using Chinese soy sauce for this Moo Goo Gai Pan. Yzenith Chinese food Blog is dedicated to post most popular Chinese food recipes and help you discover the secrets to authentic Chinese cooking.
Chicken Breast: x 1/2
White Pepper Powder: one teaspoon
Soy Sauce: one tablespoon
Oyster Sauce: one tablespoon
Cooking Wine: one tablespoon
1. Wash and remove the fat on chicken breast.
2. Knock the chicken breast with the side of knife a few times– this is a very necessary step to make sure chicken breast is soft and tasty.
3. Cut chicken breast to small slices.
4. Mix chicken slices with white pepper powder, cooking wine, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and starch. Let it stay for 20 minutes.
5. Wash the mushrooms and remove the roots.
6. Cut mushrooms to slices.
7. Boil mushroom for 20 seconds.
8. Cut green onion for reserve.
9 .Heat oil first then stir fry chicken slices.
10. Take out chicken when they get white.
11. Add diced green onions.
12. Add sliced mushrooms.
13. Add chicken again and stir fry.
14. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and salt. Stir fry well and it will be ready to serve.
1. Please do not stir fry chicken breast for too long. This will make sure it tastes soft and fresh.