Kung Pao Chicken Recipe is a simply Chinese Food Recipe. The secret is the use of seasoning and ingredients such as peppercorn, dry red pepper, dark soy sauce and starch. Please make sure to prepare the seasoning first, and follow the steps below. It will help you make the most amazing authentic Kung Pao Chicken. I posted a similar Chicken Nugget Recipe, called Hot and Spicy Chicken Nuggets, which is another authentic Szechuan food. Yzenith is a place for food lovers, where you can find Authentic Chinese Recipes with Pictures.
Dry Red Pepper
Salt: 1/3 teaspoon
Soy Sauce: one tablespoon
Dark Soy Sauce: two tablespoon
Vinegar: one tablespoon
Sugar: 1/2 teaspoon
Starch: one teaspoon with one tablespoon water
Mix vinegar, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, cooking wine, and ginger well. This seasoning will be used in step 6.
1. Cut chicken breast into chicken nuggets.
2. Soak chicken nuggets with one tablespoon of cooking wine, 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and one teaspoon of starch for 10 minutes.
3. Chop green onion.
4. Heat oil for 2 minutes then fry the chicken nuggets until they turn white.
5. Pour dry red pepper, green onion and peppercorn (or one teaspoon peppercorn powder).
6. Add seasoning and continue to stir fry until the sauce gets thick.
7. Turn off the heat and pour cooked peanuts on the top. Stir well and it’s ready to serve!
1.It’s recommend to use peppercorn powder instead of peppercorn
2.Although it is easier to prepare chicken nuggets using chicken breast, drumsticks may taste better because the texture is more soft.
3.Please use high heat throughout the entire process, but don’t overcook the chicken nuggets.