Five spice beef brisket is an ancient traditional Chinese food. It is one of my favorite dish to go with China liquor. The entire cooking process is time consuming compared to making other Chinese food, but you can certainly use pressure cooker, which just takes about 30 minutes. If you have any questions please go to Yzenith support forum for help.
light soy sauce
dark soy sauce
five spices powder
1. Cut beef brisket into big pieces, then soak in water for 2 hours, which helps to remove the blood in beef
2. Boil the beef brisket for 5 minutes
3. Take out the beef and soak in cold water
4. Prepare other ingredients
5. Add water twice as much as the beef and then add other ingredients in step 4.
6. Add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, sugar and five spicy powder
7. When water get boiled, add beef tenderloin
8. Cover your pot when water boils again then turn to low heat
9. Stew for one and a half hours then soak in pot for another 2 hours. Take out the beef and cut beef into pieces. It’s ready to serve!
1. Using pressure cooker may be a better option if it’s available.
2. it’s recommended to follow the beef’s texture when you cut the cooked beef. As the picture shows, you can add some white sesame for better taste and look!