This dish has a moderate sweet and sour flavor. You will not feel it is greasy at all; instead, it is quite rich and exquisite in texture.
You can even mix the sauce with rice and you will be surprised how good it tastes!
Main cooking technique: braisingTime needed: 45 minutes
- Pork spareribs: 500g
- Cooking wine: 1 tablespoon
- Dark soy sauce: ½ tablespoon
- Light soy sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar: 3 tablespoon in total (used twice)
- Sugar: 3 tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Chicken powder: ½ teaspoon
- Sesame seeds: ½ teaspoon
1. Boil the ribs with hot water for about 30 minutes. Keep the broth soup separately for later use.
2. Marinate the ribs with 1 tablespoon of cooking wine, 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce, ½ tablespoon of dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoon of vinegar (not white one) for 20 minutes.
3. Fry the ribs until it turns golden brown. Don’t put too much oil as long as you stir it frequently. Take the fried ribs out.
4. Pour the ribs into the pan again, add the marinated sauce used in Step 2, 3 tablespoon of sugar, broth soup used in Step 1, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
5. Use low gas to cook the ribs for ten minutes and then change to high gas to thicken the sauce.
1. How to make the ribs crispy outside but tender inside?Boil it for 30 minutes and then fry with high gas until it turns golden brown. If you just fry without boiling it, the texture will not be soft.
2. Why do you need to marinate the ribs first?To let the ribs absorb more flavor and get rid of the fishy smell.